Friday, February 25, 2011
Rainy Day Netflix List
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - This is my favorite movie of all time so I had to share it. I think it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love it. If that endorsement doesn't sway you then how about this: it stars Jim Carey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo and Elijah Wood. Swayed???
2. Rushmore - 2nd favorite movie ever. If you're a fan of the Royal Tennenbaums or any other Wes Anderson movie you must re-visit this classic.
3. Slackers - Silly college humor? Check. Jason Schwartzman being creepy and hysterical? Check. Romance? Check. DO IT!
4. About A Boy - Sad, funny and uplifting... this movie has it all. If you're not a Hugh Grant fan you will be after seeing this.
5. Wet Hot American Summer - Ok maybe this is my favorite movie? That's debatable but I love it. Over the top humor, 70s short shorts and ridiculous situations makes this hysterical yet it still manages to remind me of my years as a summer camp counselor. LOVE IT.
6. The Fall - This movie is a visual trip with some of the most beautiful scenery, cinematography and imaginative story lines you will see in a film. Plus the star Lee Pace is super dreamy :)
7. 16 Candles - If you are anything like me you've seen this a million times and know all the lines --- but come on Sexy Girlfriend, you totally want to watch it again!
8. Easy A - Teen drama based on an old book? Check! Witty dialogue and a musical number? Check and Check! --- This is a fun new teen comedy for when you are feeling less than intellectual.
Enjoy! If you've got any movie recs for me I could certainly use them so please leave them in the comments!