vegan mac and cheese (hands down the best vegan recipe I've ever tried) from OhSheGlows blog's delicious recipe. It was very tasty and since then we've had the leftover squash sitting in the fridge. Luckily leftover squash keeps well and I finally got around to using it up last night when we were whipping up our go-to turkey burger dinner. I knew I'd need a little veggie action on the side so I baked up the leftover squash into these delicious and spicy bites with some yogurt-mixed ranch dressing for dip. It was delicious. Totally tasted like unhealthy comfort food minus the heartburn.
Here's the easy recipe so you can try it yourself! This would also go great with eggs at breakfast!
Spicy Butternut Squash Fries with Ranch
-3 cups of butternut squash - cut into short "fry" size strips.
-2 teaspoons olive oil
-2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
-Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
-Line a baking sheet with foil
- Put the cut squash in a bowl and toss in the olive oil to coat.
- Season well with lots of salt and a little pepper
- Pour Frank's Red Hot over the squash and toss to coat.
- Pour squash on baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes (flipping once after about 12 minutes) or until the squash is starting to brown on smaller pieces and nice and soft to bite into.
Serve with Fat Free Ranch Dip...
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
-2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing/Dip Powder
-Mix these two together and serve with the spicy fries!
P.S. HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!!